Learn More: Health Control Form
SPAIN IS OPEN- Spain re-opened for tourism on 7 June 2021.
The Spain Travel Health Control Form (SpTH App) has been obligatory for travelers entering Spain since July 1, 2020. The Health Declaration was designed with the purpose of reducing the spread of coronavirus amongst Spanish citizens and travelers to Spain.
Please note that the Health Declaration DOES NOT replace a visa. If visitors from your country require a visa as well, immigration officers will ask for it when you enter Spain. If you require a visa, we suggest contacting your local Spanish embassy.
WHO CAN ENTER SPAIN WITH THIS DOCUMENT? All passengers arriving in Spain by air or sea, including those in transit to other countries, must complete a Health Control Form before departure. Travelers must present either a vaccine certificate, proof of recovery from COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 test result. Children under the age of 12 years are exempt from submitting these certificates, but should still complete the Health Control Form. Check the testing FAQ below to learn more.
OBTAIN THE SPAIN TRAVEL HEALTH CONTROL FORM
To apply for this document, you’ll have to provide information about yourself, your health status and details about your intended stay in Spain. In addition, you need a confirmed flight ticket to complete the form.
You can fill in the application form on iVisa.com weeks or even months in advance of your trip and our agents will hold the form on file, safely scheduled to apply two days before your arrival in Spain as per government requirements.
BRING THE HEALTH FORM TO THE AIRPORT
After completing the form, you will receive a QR code to show the authorities at the airport, which you must display either on your phone or as a printed copy. The QR code is personal and non-transferable, so each traveler must have their own unique QR code.
Visit the FAQs to learn more about testing requirements to enter Spain and to discover important exceptions regarding who can travel to Spain, including travelers that belong to special categories.
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
Purchase eMed's self-testing COVID-19 kit and get 6 antigen tests sent to your US home address for only $150. Self-test in privacy with a virtual Certified Guide using the NAVICA App. Accurate results are delivered in 15 minutes, which leaves plenty of time to get to the airport. eMed's antigen tests are ideal for travelers on a round-trip journey to this destination from the US.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
National ID card (if applicable)
Negative pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test result (if applicable)
US RESIDENTS ONLY: To return to the US you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test the day before your entry date. Don’t waste time looking for a test lab in Spain. Simplify travel with the purchase of an eMed test kit. Order yours now and pack it in your luggage. Then follow the Certified Guide’s online instructions to take the mandatory test 24 hours before your journey back to the US.
All travelers entering Spain must have a Spain Health Control Form (SpTH App). It DOES NOT replace a visa. Some nationalities will require a paper visa. In that case, we suggest you contact your local Spanish embassy.
Each eligible traveler will receive a unique QR code once the Health Declaration has been successfully processed. The QR code is non-transferable.
We can only submit the form to the government on your behalf 48 hours before your arrival time.
You will be required to show the authorities the QR code that is issued to you when you arrive at the airport, in line with current Spanish health regulations.
It is highly recommended that you bring a hard copy of your form and the associated QR code to the airport as well as an electronic copy (smartphone, tablet).
Accepted vaccines are Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Janssen, Vero Cell, and Sinovac.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Which countries are considered to be high risk?
Last updated: 12/13/2021
High-risk EEC countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden and the Netherlands
Third countries: All countries
Exceptions (not high risk): Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Canada, China, Chile, Colombia, Indonesia, Kuwait, New Zealand, Peru, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, UAE, Uruguay, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan
Countries with a new variant: Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Spain?
Yes, Spain has been taking steps to restore travel within its borders. If you are coming from a high-risk country, in order to enter Spain, you’ll need to display your COVID vaccine passport or vaccination certificate.
- Unvaccinated travelers from the UK are currently banned from entering Spain. They are required to present proof of full vaccination (just the PCR within 72 hours is not accepted anymore).
Accepted vaccines are Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Janssen, Sinopharm, and Sinovac. You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling.
Do I need a COVID-19 test to enter Spain?
- Unvaccinated travelers arriving from high risk countries: PCR within 72 hours or antigen within 48 hours.
- All travelers arriving from countries on the exemptions list (low risk): No testing requirements for any travelers.
- All travelers arriving from countries with a new variant: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA within 72 hours or antigen within 48 hours.
- COVID test exemptions: Children under 12, fully vaccinated travelers with proof of full vaccination/recovery from COVID-19 from high risk countries and all arrivals from low risk countries.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Do I need to quarantine when I get to Spain?
What is the Spain Health Control Form?
How long does it take and how much does it cost?
- Standard Processing Time: 24 hours - USD 20.00.
- Rush Processing Time: 4 hours - USD 35.00.
- Super Rush Processing Time: 30 minutes - USD 60.00.
How many times can I use it?
Is it mandatory to obtain a Health Control Form if I’m going to travel to Spain?
But, I’m not leaving the airport. Do I need it anyway?
Do I need a printed copy of the Spain Health Control Form?
What do I need to obtain a Spain Health Control Form?
- A COVID-19 vaccine certificate, with full vaccination schedule, at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain.
- A negative COVID-19 test result, taken within 48 hours prior to arrival in Spain (NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test, e.g. RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA) / RAT (rapid antigen test))
- A COVID-19 recovery certificate, provided that more than 11 days have lapsed since the first positive NAAT test was performed, and shall be valid for up to 180 days thereafter.
What other documents do I need to travel to Spain?
Where can I contact you?
Where can I find more information?
Can I get this form for free?
Learn more about Spain Health Control Form
Where can I read more?
- What vaccinations are required for Spain?
- Spain Vaccine Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Spain?
- What is the Spain Health Control Form (FCS) Process
- Who Must Fill Out Spain’s Health Control Form During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of Ireland Enter Spain During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of the United Kingdom Enter Spain During Coronavirus?
- How Citizens of France Can Enter Spain During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of Italy Enter Spain During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of Germany Enter Spain During Coronavirus?
- What countries can enter Spain during COVID-19?
- This is what you need to get the Spain 14 day quarantine requirement
- Spain digital COVID certificate
- PCR Testing Barcelona, Spain: All You Need to Know
- PCR Testing Madrid, Spain
- Vaccination Passport for Spain
- Exigences de vaccination en Espagne
- Spain ETIAS for US Citizens
- Spain Visa Policy
- Easy and Painless Way to Get a Spain Visa Extension
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of China with Ease
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of RUSSIA: faster route
- Read about the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Mauritius
- What is the process to get myself a Spain ETIAS authorization as a Citizen of Brazil?
- What is the best way to get the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Australia?
- Spain Schengen Visa Validity
- Can I enter Spain with a Schengen Visa?
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Nigeria
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Dominican Republic
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Haiti
- Spain schengen visa requirements
- Spain Schengen Visa Cost
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Afghanistan
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of India
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Pakistan
- Does the Spain ETIAS offer different entries?
- Crucial Details about the Spain ETIAS Validity
- Travel Worry-free and make use of the low prices of Spain ETIAS cost
- What should you know about the Spain ETIAS Requirements?
- Essential Details on the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Vanuatu
- Important Facts about the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Uruguay
- Can the Citizens of the United Arab Emirates apply for the Spain ETIAS?
- What is the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Ukraine?
- Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Tuvalu
- How to obtain the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago?
- Learn more about the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Tonga
- How to attain the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Timor?
- What is the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Taiwan?
- How can I get the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of South Korea?
- Learn more about the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Solomon Islands
- What is Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Singapore?
- Read about the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Seychelles
- Can Citizens of Serbia apply for Spain ETIAS?
- Learn more about Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Samoa
- What is the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Vincent?
- Spain ETIAS requirements for Citizens of Saint Kitts and Nevis
- What is the Spain ETIAS application for Citizens of Peru?
- Learn more about Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Paraguay
- Read about the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Panama
- Can Citizens of Palau apply for Spain ETIAS?
- Requirements for Citizens of Macedonia applying for Spain ETIAS
- What is the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Nicaragua?
- Explore the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of New Zealand
- Find out more about the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Nauru
- Check the Spain ETIAS requirements for Citizens of Montenegro
- Can Citizens of Moldova apply for Spain ETIAS?
- What is the Spain ETIAS application for Citizens of Micronesia?
- Learn more about Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Mexico
- Explore the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of the Marshall Islands
- Easy application process of the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Malaysia
- Practical tips about the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Macao
- Essential Spain ETIAS requirements for citizens of Kiribati
- Easy way to get the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Japan
- How to get the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Israel
- How to get the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Hong Kong
- Useful tips about the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Honduras
- How to get the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Guatemala
- Tips on the Spain ETIAS process for citizens of Grenada
- Essential information about the Spain ETIAS process for citizens of Georgia
- Spain ETIAS application steps for citizens of El Salvador
- Application process of the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Dominica
- Main notes about the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Costa Rica
- Basic Spain ETIAS requirements for citizens of Colombia
- Spain ETIAS application steps for citizens of Chile
- What is the Spain ETIAS authorization for Citizens of Canada?
- What does the Spain ETIAS authorization look like for Citizens of Brunei?
- What is the process to obtain a Spain ETIAS authorization for Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina?
- What does the Spain ETIAS authorization entail for Citizens of Barbados?
- What is the Spain ETIAS authorization process for Citizens of The Bahamas?
- How do I get a Spain ETIAS authorization as a Citizen of Argentina?
- What’s the procedure for the Spain ETIAS authorization for Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda?
- What is the process to get the Spain ETIAS authorization for Citizens of Albania?
- Explore the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Lucia
- UEFA Euro 2020 Bilbao - Spain Visa