Learn More: Traveler Health Declaration (COVID-19)
ECUADOR IS OPEN: Ecuador re-opened to tourists on 22 March 2021, however as of 2 December 2021 travelers arriving from South Africa, Botswana, Egypt, Mozambique, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Eswaitini and Namibia are not allowed to enter the country.
The Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration is a travel form that states the health status of the traveler with the ultimate goal of reducing infection rates by identifying potential virus outbreaks quickly.
If you’re ready to get started on your journey to Ecuador, apply for your Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration now.
WHO CAN ENTER ECUADOR WITH THIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT?
All travelers arriving in Ecuador must fill out a Traveler Health Declaration (COVID-19) for authorization to enter the country, including Ecuadorian citizens who are returning home. Children can be included on a parent/guardian’s application.
GET THE ECUADOR TRAVELER HEALTH DECLARATION
To obtain the Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration, you must fill in an online form first. You have to fill out this form at least 24 hours before your departure date. If you don’t have a flight ticket, you will not be able to fill in the form yet.
You’ll be asked for a negative PCR test performed 3 days before arrival as well as a vaccination certificate showing a completed dose at least 2 weeks prior to travel. Check the application page to process the document.
DISPLAY THE FORM
After you complete your application, we’ll send you the Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration before your trip (via email), so that you can submit it to the government authorities when you arrive at the airport.
Check the FAQs below to view quarantine rules for Ecuador.
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
Don't waste vacation time searching for a COVID-19 test center. Even if you don't need to take a test to enter Ecuador, you will need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter the US. Simplify testing by ordering the eMed self-testing COVID-19 kit online. Pack the test in your suitcase and self-test no more than 3 days prior to your flight back to the US. Check the FAQs to learn more about our trusted testing partner.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
US RESIDENTS ONLY: To return to the US you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test the day before your entry date. Don’t waste time looking for a test lab in Ecuador. Simplify travel with the purchase of an eMed test kit. Order yours now and pack it in your luggage. Then follow the Certified Guide’s online instructions to take the mandatory test 24 hours before your journey back to the US.
The Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration should be filled out by all nationalities, including Ecuadorian citizens who have visited other countries and are returning to Ecuador.
The Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration is a Single Entry document.
Upon arrival in Ecuador, you need to present your biometric passport along with your Traveler Health Declaration.
Travelers must have a passport with at least 6 months of validity from the planned date of entry.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Ecuador?
COVID-19 vaccination passports or certificates are now mandatory for all travelers aged 16 and over to enter Ecuador.
You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered at least two weeks before traveling.
Do I need to take a PCR COVID-19 test before traveling to Ecuador?
- COVID test prior to arrival: PCR within 72 hours
- COVID test exemptions: Children under 2, airline crew and transit passengers are exempt.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Do I have to quarantine when I get to Ecuador?
- Quarantine requirements: Only arrivals from India
- Quarantine duration: 10 days
What’s the Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration?
How much is the Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration?
- Standard Processing Time: 24 hours - USD 20.00.
- Rush Processing Time: 4 hours - USD 35.00.
- Super Rush Processing Time: 30 minutes - USD 60.00.
Is it mandatory to get one if I’m traveling to Ecuador?
Do children also need the Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration?
When should I apply for the Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration?
How long does it take to apply for the Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration?
How long is the Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration valid for and how many times should I apply for one?
How do I get the Ecuador Traveler Health Declaration?
Can I get in touch with you if I have extra questions?
Can I get this form for free?
Learn more about Ecuador tourism
Where can I read more?
- Ecuador Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Ecuador?
- Learn how citizens of Germany can enter Ecuador during coronavirus
- Here is how citizens of Chile can enter Ecuador during coronavirus
- Vital info for citizens of Argentina traveling to Ecuador during coronavirus
- Information for citizens of Spain who want to enter Ecuador during coronavirus
- Requirements for citizens of Peru who want to enter Ecuador during coronavirus
- How can citizens of the United States of America enter Ecuador during Coronavirus?
- How can Citizens of Colombia enter Ecuador during coronavirus?
- Entry requirements to visit Ecuador during COVID-19
- Traveling to Ecuador and its COVID-19 isolation requirements
- COVID-19 PCR Test required for Citizens who visit Ecuador
- Ecuador Visa Policy: Check Requirements
- Ecuador Covid Test Certificate