Learn More: ETA
CANADA IS OPEN: Canada re-opened for tourism on 29th October 2021.
The Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is a travel document required for visa-exempt visitors to Canada. It is valid for up to 5 years or until the passport expires, whichever occurs first.
In addition to requesting your ETA, you have the opportunity to add a Health Declaration called the Canada ArriveCAN, which is required for all travelers to enter the country.
WHO CAN ENTER CANADA WITH THESE DOCUMENTS
Fully vaccinated travelers can now enter Canada for tourism reasons. The ETA document is a requirement only for visa-exempt travelers. In contrast, everyone who enters Canada, including children, must apply for the Canada ArriveCAN. Apply for both at iVisa.com.
OBTAIN THE CANADA ETA
To apply for a Canada ETA, you have to give some personal information and some details about your intended stay in Canada. Remember that the ETA is a requirement for visa-exempt travelers.
DISPLAY THE DOCUMENT
Once you finish the application process, if you have added the Canada ArriveCAN (Health Declaration), we will forward it to your email before your trip along with your ETA. Make sure you have both documents ready to display to the immigration officers once you arrive at the airport.
Visit the FAQs below to view quarantine rules for Canada.
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
Don't waste vacation time searching for a COVID-19 test center. Even if you don't need to take a test to enter Canada, you will need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter the US. Simplify testing by ordering the eMed self-testing COVID-19 kit online. Pack the test in your suitcase and self-test no more than 3 days prior to your flight back to the US. Check the FAQs to learn more about our trusted testing partner.
Required Documents to Apply
US RESIDENTS ONLY: To return to the US you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test the day before your entry date. Don’t waste time looking for a test lab in Canada. Simplify travel with the purchase of an eMed test kit. Order yours now and pack it in your luggage. Then follow the Certified Guide’s online instructions to take the mandatory test 24 hours before your journey back to the US.
Canada ETA is a requirement for visa-exempt travelers who will arrive in Canada exclusively by air.
Fully vaccinated travelers who have spent time outside Canada or the USA in the 14 days prior to arrival will be subject to random COVID-19 testing on arrival and must quarantine until a negative test result is received.
You will need to bring the passport you used to apply for your ETA, as the ETA is electronically linked to it. If you get a new passport, you need to get a new ETA.
You must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Canada.
Children under 18 must travel with appropriate documents and meet the same entry requirements as adults. Contact us for more information about requirements for minor children.
It is best to get an ETA before you book your flight to Canada.
Once your ETA is approved, check that the passport number included in your ETA approval email matches the number in your passport. If they don’t match, you need to apply for a new ETA.
Accepted vaccines are Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, and Janssen.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Canada?
Yes, Canada has been taking steps to restore travel within its borders. In order to enter Canada for tourism purposes, you’ll need to display your COVID vaccine passport or vaccination certificate.
Accepted vaccines are Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, and Janssen. You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling.
Do I need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Canada?
COVID test prior to arrival: PCR within 72 hours, see other country arrival requirements below
COVID test exemptions: Children under 12
COVID test on arrival: All passengers at land border and unvaccinated passengers at the airport will be tested on arrival, as well as a random selection of fully vaccinated travelers who have spent time outside the US and Canada in the 14 days prior to arrival.
Arrivals from India: Molecular test from the approved Genestrings Laboratory at Indira Gandhi International Airport within 18 hours
Arrivals from Morocco: PCR with a QR code documented in the Moroccan PCR test certificate for COVID-19 and issued by the Government of Morocco within 72 hours.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Are there any quarantine requirements in Canada that I should know about?
Quarantine requirements: Unvaccinated travelers must quarantine for 14 days
Quarantine testing: PCR test on arrival and day 8 for unvaccinated travelers.
Fully vaccinated travelers who have been outside Canada and the USA within 14 days: Selected travelers will be tested on arrival and must quarantine in a suitable place until a negative result is received.
What is a Canada ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization)?
What’s the Canada ArriveCAN?
Who can apply for the Canada ETA?
What do I need to apply for a Canada ETA and Canada ArriveCAN?
What is the cost to obtain a Canada ETA?
The cost for a Canada ETA is USD 5.50. Additionally, there is a service fee of USD 14.00 for standard processing. For rush processing and super rush processing the service fee is USD 44.00 and USD 64.00, respectively.
Note: The prices mentioned above are the cost of the Canada ETA only. If you wish to add Canada ArriveCAN, you just need to add the amount of USD 9.95 to each processing time.
How long does it take to process a Canada ETA?
- Standard Processing: 24 hours.
- Rush Processing: 4 hours.
- Super Rush Processing: 30 minutes.
How long is a Canada ETA valid for?
How long should my passport be valid if I want to apply for the Canadian ETA?
I am traveling with a minor. Does they need an ETA?
Which countries are eligible for a Canada ETA?
Do I have to apply for an ETA each time I travel to Canada?
Do I have to print and carry my ETA with me when I travel?
Can I get the Canada ETA and the ArriveCAN for free?
What are the yellow fever vaccination requirements to travel to Canada?
Learn more about Canada Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Canada Visa for UK Passport Holders
- Canada ETA for the citizens of Brazil
- CANADA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF GERMANY
- Vaccination Passport Canada: How to Get It
- A B1/B2 visa holder can visit Canada
- Canada Visa for Australians: Do Australians Need a Visa?
- How Citizens of Germany Can Enter Canada During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of China Can Enter Canada During Coronavirus
- Canada Vaccine Requirements: Do I Need A Vaccine To Travel To Canada
- Canada Covid Restrictions
- Where to Travel in Canada during Covid
- Canada Covid Flights
- How Citizens of France Can Enter Canada During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of the United Kingdom Can Enter Canada During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of the United States Can Enter Canada During Coronavirus
- Canada Covid Test Entry
- Driving to Canada Covid: What you should know
- Important information about the Canada 14 day quarantine requirement
- Arriving in Canada – about stamping, questions, and other issues
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Mexico
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Brunei Darussalam
- Canada Visa for the citizens of the Czech Republic
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Greece
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Papua New Guinea
- Canada ETA requirements
- Canada visa - the ETA application form
- Do I need an ETA to visit Canada?
- Does travel to Canada involve an ETA
- How to do a Canada ETA check on iVisa
- How to get an ETA for Canada online
- Must I get a Canada ETA from an official website
- 5 Guides To Get Online Canada Visa For Road Trip
- ETA FOR CANADA - PHONE NUMBER FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Can there be a delay during my Canada ETA application process
- What you need to know about biometrics for a Canada visa
- Canada ETA duration
- Is the Canada ETA multiple-entry?
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Iceland
- Canada Visa for the citizens of France
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Denmark
- Canada Visa for Irish Passport Holders
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Belgium
- Toronto and the Cinematic Lifestyle
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Vatican City
- CANADA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SWITZERLAND
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Singapore
- CANADA ETA APPROVAL FOR MEXICAN NATIONALS
- Canada ETA cost
- CANADA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF FINLAND
- CANADA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF LATVIA
- Do I need a Canada ETA if I travel by land?
- iVisa and the easiest Canada ETA application process
- Can I get a Canada ETA from Air Canada?
- Can I visit Niagara Falls without a Canada Visa?
- Canada ETA for the citizens of Hong Kong
- Canada Visa for Israeli
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Spain
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Croatia
- Canada ETA for the citizens of the UK
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Cyprus
- CANADA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF AUSTRIA
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Chile
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Barbados
- CANADA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF HUNGARY
- CANADA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF JAPAN
- CANADA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF MALTA
- Canada Visa for the citizens of New Zealand
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Norway
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Poland
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Sweden
- CANADA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF TAIWAN
- CANADA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF THE SOLOMON ISLANDS
- Canada Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands
- Canada Visa for the citizens of the Bahamas
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Lithuania
- CANADA ETA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ROMANIA
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Bulgaria
- CAN I GET A CANADA VISA EXTENSION?
- Canada ETA Frequently Asked Questions
- Canada ETA processing time
- The price of a Canada ETA
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Samoa
- Canada Visa for the citizens of Portugal
- Canada Visa for the citizens of the United Arab Emirates
- CANADA TOURIST VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ITALY - FEES AND HOW TO APPLY
- Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for Canada
- Canada visa policy
- PCR Testing Toronto, Canada