Learn More: ED Card (COVID-19)
BARBADOS IS OPEN: Barbados re-opened for tourism in July 2020.
The ED Card is a required travel document for all travelers who wish to visit Barbados. It will allow authorities to monitor the health situation. The ED Card is not a visa and does not replace one, so if your nationality needs a visa to enter Barbados we recommend contacting the closest embassy.
WHO CAN ENTER BARBADOS WITH THIS DOCUMENT
All travelers traveling to Barbados must acquire the ED Card. There are no exceptions.
OBTAIN THE BARBADOS ED CARD
To acquire the ED Card, you’ll have to answer a short questionnaire regarding personal health and COVID-19 symptoms. To enter the country, you'll need a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 24 hours (rapid PCR) or 3 days (standard PCR). On arrival, fully vaccinated travelers may be required to take a rapid COVID-19 antigen test. Apply now.
DISPLAY THE DOCUMENT
Once your ED Card is finished, we will send you a bar code via email. You must present it to the immigration officials at the airport.
See FAQs for further information on quarantine rules in Barbados.
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
Don't waste vacation time searching for a COVID-19 test center. Even if you don't need to take a test to enter Barbados, you will need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter the US. Simplify testing by ordering the eMed self-testing COVID-19 kit online. Pack the test in your suitcase and self-test no more than 3 days prior to your flight back to the US. Check the FAQs to learn more about our trusted testing partner.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan
US RESIDENTS ONLY: To return to the US you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test the day before your entry date. Don’t waste time looking for a test lab in Barbados. Simplify travel with the purchase of an eMed test kit. Order yours now and pack it in your luggage. Then follow the Certified Guide’s online instructions to take the mandatory test 24 hours before your journey back to the US.
Barbados ED Card is a Single Entry document.
Barbados ED Card will enhance your travel experience by providing you with an easy and convenient option, that will improve the ease with which you transit through the airport.
All passengers must wear a mask on the inbound flight and at all times in the airport, and also undergo a health screening by immigration which includes temperature scans.
Tourists coming to Barbados must bring a negative PCR test result- check the FAQ section below to find out more about when you'll need to take it.
Travelers must have a passport that will remain valid for at least the duration of their stay.
Approved vaccines are Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik V.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Barbados?
No, you don't. As of today, COVID vaccination passports or certificates are not mandatory to enter Barbados. Now if you are a Covid vaccine certificate holder, you won't need to follow a quarantine.
Approved vaccines are Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik V. You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling.
Do I need a COVID-19 test result to enter Barbados?
- COVID test prior to arrival: Rapid PCR within 24 hours or a standard PCR within 72 hours.
- COVID test on arrival: Fully vaccinated travelers may be required to take a rapid test on arrival.
- COVID test exemptions: Children under 5.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Do I need to quarantine once I arrive in Barbados?
- Quarantine requirements: 7 days in pre-booked hotel with PCR on day 5 for unvaccinated travelers
- Quarantine exemptions: Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to quarantine
What is the Barbados ED Card?
Is it compulsory to obtain one if I plan to visit Barbados?
What do I need to apply for the Barbados ED Card?
- Passport Personal Details Scan
- Negative pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test result
- Selfie holding the physical credit card used for the transaction. Only the last 4 digits of the credit card must be visible in the picture. (if applicable)
What is the cost of the Barbados ED Card?
If you decide to apply with us, you will be able to select from 3 pricing options according to your budget:
- Standard Processing Time: USD 20.00.
- Rush Processing Time: USD 35.00.
- Super Rush Processing Time: USD 60.00.
How long does it take to process my Barbados ED Card?
It depends on the processing time you choose. We offer three options:
- Standard Processing: 24 hours
- Rush Processing: 4 hours
- Super Rush Processing: 30 minutes
When is the right time to apply for this ED Card?
What steps should I follow to complete this form?
How long will it take me to apply for this document?
If I plan to travel with my kids, must they also have an ED Card?
Learn more about Barbados Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Barbados Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Barbados?
- How citizens of Germany can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- Information on how citizens of Trinidad & Tobago can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- Details on how citizens of the United Kingdom can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- How citizens of Canada can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- Insights on how citizens of the United States can enter Barbados during Coronavirus
- Essential details on the Barbados COVID-19 Entry Requirements
- Important information about the Barbados COVID-19 PCR Test Requirements
- Barbados Quarantine Requirement
- Barbados Mask Policy and ED card
- Vaccination Passport Barbados: Information is Available
- Barbados Visa Policy